Herb Roasted Chicken Thighs with Fresh Fennel
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus more for oiling the baking sheet
- 2 fennel bulbs, sliced
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 lemon, sliced
- Fresh fennel fronds, for garnish
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a foil-lined baking sheet.
combine the herbs, salt, garlic, and herbs
Rub the chicken thighs with part of the olive oil mixture, making sure to place some underneath the skin. Sprinkle the outside with a bit more salt. Reserve some of the mixture for the fennel.
Place chicken in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
In a large bowl, combine the fennel, reserved oil mixture, and sugar. Toss well to coat.
Place the fennel on the sheet surrounding the chicken, followed by the lemon slices.
Place into the oven and roast until the chicken is just cooked through, about 25 minutes
Season with salt and pepper, and garnish with fresh fennel fronds. Serve immediately.