Grow Pollinator-Attracting Plants In Smart Pot
Pollinators are essential for our food system. They pollinate crops, fruits, and vegetables, which helps to ensure that you have a bountiful harvest. However, pollinators are under threat from habitat loss, pestices, and climate change.
One Way to help pollinators is to plant pollinator-friendly plants in your garden! Pollinator-friendly plants are those that provide food and habitat for pollinators. Some of the best pollinator-friendly plants include:
These plants are all attractive to a variety of pollinators including bees, butterflies, hummingbirds, and more!
Growing pollinator-friendly plants is easy and can be done in any size garden. One of the best ways to grow pollinator-friendly plants is to use Smart Pot fabric containers. Smart Pots are lightweight, durable, and they allow for excellent drainage & aeration. This is important for pollinator-friendly plants, as they need well-draining soil to survive.
To plant pollinator-friendly plants in Smart Pot, simply fill the pot with a good quality potting mix and plant your pollinator! Water the plant regularly and fertilize as needed.
Growing pollinator-friendly plants is a great way to help these important creatures. It’s also a great way to add beauty and interest to your garden. So, what are you waiting for? Start planting your Pollinator Garden today!
Benefits of Growing Pollinator-Attracting Plants
There are many benefits to growing pollinator-attracting plants:
- Increased Crop Yields: Pollinators help to pollinate crops, which leads to increased yields from your plant
- Improved Plant Health: Pollinators help to improve plant health by transferring pollen from one plant to another. This helps strengthen plants and makes them more resistant to pests & diseases
- Increased Biodiversity: Pollinators help to increase biodiversity by pollinating a variety of plants. This helps create a balanced and healthy ecosystem
- Enhanced Beauty: Pollinator-attracting plants are often colorful and delightful; They can add a touch of beauty to any garden!
How to Grow Pollinator-Attracting Plants in Smart Pot
Growing pollinator-friendly plants in Smart Pot is easy; Simply follow these steps:
- Choose the right Smart Pot
- The size of the Smart Pot you choose will depend on the size of the plant you are growing. For sizing help, check out “What Size Smart Pot Should I Use?”
- Fill your Smart Pot with a good quality potting mix
- This will create a nutrient-rich environment for your plant’s roots to establish and thrive
- Plant your plant in the Smart Pot
- Native plants are more likely to attractive to the pollinators in your area
- Water your pollinator-loving plant regularly
- Fertilize the plant as needed
- Enjoy your pollinator friends as they thank you by doing their job in the garden
*BONUS* Add a Pollinator Habitat like the one pictured above! Instructions
Here are some additional tips for growing pollinator-attracting plants in Smart Pot
- Choose a variety of plants that bloom at different times of the year. This will ensure that there is always something blooming to attract pollinators
- Place your Smart Pot near a water source. This will make it easier for pollinators to find water after their long journey
- Avoid using pesticides in your garden; Pesticides can harm pollinators
- Encourage native pollinators by planting native plants in your garden. For help selecting plants click this link
- Register your pollinator-attracting garden here! You are a part of the cause to support Earth’s pollinators 🐝